Failure to clean dryer vents is the number one cause of residential clothes dryer fires
Worthington, FL -- A mobile home in Worthington Springs was destroyed by an early morning clothes dryer fire. The cause of the fire was determined to be lint build-up. Firefighters from Union County were assisted by the Alachua County Fire Department who arrived to provide extra water to douse the flames.
Luckily, the fire was contained and no damage was done to nearby mobile homes. None of the residents were injured but the home and all the contents were destroyed. The family lost everything.
According to Dryer Vent Wizard, a national dryer vent cleaning franchise, clean dryer vents allow maximum air flow for your clothes dryer to work efficiently. The dryer vents are responsible for removing heat and moisture from your wet laundry as it tumbles to the outside of your home. When the dryer exhaust ducts are clogged with lint the system overheats and a spark from the clothes dryer will cause the lint to ignite, causing a rapidly spreading dryer fire.
Manufacturers recommend homeowners clean dryer vents at least once a year to prevent dryer fires and to be sure their clothes dryer is operating efficiently. Lint clogged dryer exhaust ducts are the number one cause of dryer fires.
Dryer Vent Wizard, Dry Clothes Safe Homes is a member of the National Fire Protection Association and the largest chain of dryer vent cleaning, repair, replacement and alternation specialists in the U.S. with over 50 franchisees in major markets in the U.S. Visit http://affordabledryerventcleaning.blogspot.com/ to learn more.