Got Computer Skills?
My 12 year old daughter took a quiz in her computer class and got an "A". When I learned about it I asked permission for her to bring it home and share. Her computer class was pretty interesting to me. When I took computer class we used floppy disks and took typing tests. Our first home computer was a HUGE deal and it was Texas Instruments so we could play munch man.
In 2009 my daughter was asked in her computer class to name 10 attributes of Google, how to clear your cache in your browser, and other useful geek speak. I thought it would be fun to make up a computer quiz so here we go.
Test your computer knowledge. Are you smarter than the average sixth grader?
Try to answer these without GOOGLE first.
BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS TEST
- What is a file extension?
- What is useful to burn pits into CDs and DVDs?
- What is a LAN?
- What is a WAN?
- On the Internet, what does .com at the end of a web address mean?
- What is the primary reason that Web sites send Internet cookies?
- What does the acronym RSS mean?
- What are three video hosting websites you can upload video to at no cost?
- What is the name of an HTML editing program?
- What are the current three top social networking sites in order #1-3?
- What is the number one real estate social networking site?
- What are the names of three blogging platforms?
- What is the name for video blogging?
- What is an example of micro-blogging?
- What are the names of three online photo editing sites?
- What is the word for an entry made on your blog?
** Bonus Question: Should there be a Can-Spam Act for Blog Spammers?**-
I will post answers on Friday to these questions realizing some questions have many choices....Have fun:) You can keep your answers to yourself or you can post them in a comment, either way it's all good.