THIS POST IS ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I cant think of a better topic! (snortttttttt!)
Thanks Dane for the MEME, although I did have to email you & ask - okay, what the heck is a Meme? I was starting to think I was just old & unhip (like my kids tell me all the time) and was missing something cool...however - HA, once Dane was kind enough to show me the light I did recall what a MEME was - phew! Okay kids, its 7:23 AM, and I am only half way thru my morning mocha (have to have 2 a day to survive) and not quite awake.....here goes!
1. I was a paralegal from 1989 - 2004. When I got my paralegal degree, nobody knew what it was (sound familiar?) and people thought I was just a glorified secretary - GRRRR! I practiced personal injury, auto defense, breast implant litigation, medical malpractice, legal malpractice and business law (We had Cher as a client once, se is SO cool!!) before I finally found my calling in family law. I spent the last 5 years of my career working for my own personal family law attorney & best friend, Robbin, who I am thrilled to say is moving to Raleigh in 12 days!!! Once we did a stake out for a kidnapped child in Sacramento, complete with black clothing & baseball caps pulled over our faces, hiding in the trees. Joining the police on the "bust" was an adreniline (sp?) rush! But we got the kid back & that is what mattered.
2. I met my husband Mike on the internet back in 1999. I had posted a personal ad as a joke with a friend of mine (I was so NOT looking for a husband) and poof. We met in person within 2 weeks, he moved in within 3 months, we were engaged 5 months and married less than a year after we met. He adopted my two daughters 4 months later and we've been married now for 7 years. We fought Mike's ex-girlfriend for custody of his son, and Brian has lived with us since he was 4. Mike and I had Aimee in 2002 after losing 2 babies. We are truly a blended family! The kids are 15, almost 14 (if she makes it that long - ugh), almost 13 and just turned 5.
3. Genealogy is a HUGE passion of mine and one of these days my mom & I will become certified Genealogists. I pay an arm & a leg to belong to many databases, so if anyone wants some family tree traced (I charge nothing to friends), please feed my addiction!!! I love being able to help people find out where they came from :) Besides, I have to find SOMETHING to do while biz is slow!!
4. Back in my younger days I spent some time in the custody of the police in Tijuana, Mexico. To this day I can't eat refried beans. Enough said :)
5. At times I am a terribly insecure person. I raised my older girls alone & with no child support for 6 years and we are very close, but there are many times I feel like I have failed them. I panic when I work so much that I am not home for many days in a row and feel like I am outta touch with Mike & the kids. I am my own worst enemy.
6. Had to throw this one in to show what a FREAK I am - LOL. When I am frustrated with anything I sweep the floors! Needless to say, with my company reorganization the last month my floors are REALLY CLEAN!!!!!!
To meme - I pick... lets see....
Michele Kurelich because (A): I personally know her, we went to class together and B: She is just so sweet. (Really, she is, I don't just say that because I see her at our meetings hahah.)
Monica Hubert because I contacted her via AR and she sold my parents house in Florida, when other agents could not - GO MONICA!!!!!!!
Janine Varney, because again, I know Janine from being a fellow ASP here in Raleigh, I she funny, nice and a good sport (yes, I see her at meetings too so I am not making this up - haha.).