Why are special promotions important?
There are three major reasons for doing special promotions in general. First, you want to acquire new clients. Second, you want to remind your existing clients about your great service; and third, you are wishing for referrals. By offering something attractive to your target market, even strangers may suddenly be interested in what you have to offer. Same objectives apply to real estate agents.
Special promotions don’t have to be expensive and luxurious. It can be as simple as giving away tickets to a game, play or movie. Creativity is the key.
Here are just some ideas of special promotions that you can offer your buyers and sellers:
- Offer a free one year home warranty for each client that buy or sell his home with you.
- Go to a local restaurant and ask for coupons that you can scan and email to your leads.
- Conduct a monthly drawing for a home improvement gift card.
- Give away a book that might interest buyers or sellers. You can also do this via a monthly drawing.
- Offer a free trip or weekend getaway to those that buy or sell a home with you. There are tons of websites that offer inexpensive vacation package deals.
- If you are a big sports fan, you can probably offer free tickets to a game.
- Do the famous "on me" promo - your moving truck is on me, your first cable bill is on me, your housewarming is on me, and the list goes on.
Don't forget the details.
Once you have decided on your promo, be sure to explain the rules to your clients. You can send an email with information such as the requirements, drawing date, contact method, trip destination, coupon attachments and more.