The village of West Grove derived its name from the Friends Meeting House on Harmony Road built in 1787 several miles west of the Friends Meeting House in the village of London Grove.
The March 28, 1885 Daily Local News described West Grove as "one of the most flourishing villages in this county" and stated that "it contains some three flouring mills and the largest nursery for rose culture (see below) in the United States (Dinger & Conrad, Co.), a large casket factory (Paxson Comfort) and a large number of dwellings". In May 1885, the Chester County Democrat reported that thirty new homes were under construction.
Today, the Friends Meeting House (Quaker) overlooks the east end of town from its peaceful setting which includes a bird sanctuary and arboretum. It is located on a site occupied by a simpler original 1786 meeting house which was enlarged and remodeled in 1903 to accommodate the wider Quaker community.
Below is an artist's sketch of the meetinghouse, photos of the exterior and interior, courtesy of the Meetinghouse.