How to sell a house in Mayfield Heights OH for top dollar?
We've already discussed how to Evaluate your position on Mayfield Heights OH Real Estate market in our first article in this series.
Few good reasons to Evaluate yourself as an owner of Mayfield Heights house have been listed in the second post.
Let's discuss the winning pricing strategy. Your goal as the owner is to sell your Mayfield Heights OH Real Estate for as much as possible on today's market.
What should you and your Real Estate agent do in order to define the right pricing strategy?
- Remember: it's still the Buyer's market no matter how active it is.
- Get and evaluate info about prices of sold properties in Mayfield Heights OH.
- Know your competitors! The best way is to see what the other home sellers in your neighborhood are asking for their homes and preview their houses. You can visit your competitors' Open Houses. You can ask your agent to preview these houses for you.
- Look at your house from the BUYER's point of view. Do not expect the new generation of buyers to be driven by the same emotional triggers which made you chose your house at first place. Important : buyers look at the houses strictly via the prizm of price! For the same buyers a house priced for $250K will show differently than the same house offered for $210K.
- Price your Mayfield Heights OH house realistically. Even if you made all the greatest job replacing the roof, changing the furnace, waterproofing your basement but still keep that glossy 70-s wallpaper in your bathroom or keep your original, 40+ years old kitchen cabinets clean and well organized, it does not mean that your home's value will be perceived by potential client as a "top dollar for totally updated, top of the line, ready to move in" house.
Many sellers want to give potential buyers a chance to negotiate the price and thus slightly overprice their homes. I will be honest with you. Despite the common opinion that this strategy may hurt your bottom line, in many cases it works! The key word here is "SLIGHTLY" .
Normally, the Sold Price / Asking Price ratio for Mayfield Heights OH single family homes is 95-96 %, which means that buyers expect to get and indeed recieve about 5 % discount from the LAST asking price.
Starting from 2008 discounts tend to be higher, especially if we calculate the discount from original asking price. Last year a median discount from original asking price was about 13 %! However those sellers who priced their Mayfield Heights OH houses right from the beginning, received their 94-96 % of original price.
Here is your major price strategy for a successful sale of your house in Mayifield Heights OH:
price it right from the beginning and get a higher acceptable offer.
If you want to see the detailed statistics on sales and trends on Mayfeild Heights OH housing market, please do not hesitate to e-mail us Realty@Local-n-Global.com.
If you need to sell your Mayfield Heights OH home, please call us immediately. We can be reached 24/7 at Local-n-Global Real Estate Hotline 877-770-5551.