Last week, we had an absolutely awesome show with Tara Hunt, author of "The Whuffie Factor". If you haven't already heard it, I would encourage you to check it out here: http://budurl.com/fdbr.
Tomorrow morning (or afternoon, depending on where you live), we are excited to have Shel Israel joining us for the second time. He was a guest of the show exactly six months ago today. Shel's first book, "Naked Conversations", which he co-wrote with Robert Scoble, is considered to be one of the seminal books on business blogging. His NEW BOOK, "Twitterville", is going to be released on September 3rd.
Shel was a great guest the first time around, and I have no doubt that we will have a great time again tomorrow.
Here are some highlights from the Amazon.com description of "Twitterville":
Israel introduces you to trailblazers such as:
* Frank Eliason, who used Twitter to reverse Comcast's blemished customer service reputation
* Bill Fergus, who was on the team at Henry Ford Medical Center during the first "live tweeted" surgery
* Scott Monty, social media officer for Ford, who held off a mob of misinformed Ranger fans and averted a PR crisis
* Connie Reece, who used Twitter to raise tens of thousands of dollars for cancer patients in need
* The Coffee Groundz, a Houston-area coffee shop that uses Twitter to pack the tables (and fight off Starbucks)
Here is a link to Shel's February appearance on Social Media Edge if you would like to do a bit of catching up before you listen tomorrow:
As always, the show will feature our cast of regulars (or irregulars?) Mike Mueller, Jeremy Blanton, and TS Elliott. We broadcast live each Tuesday at noon Eastern, 11am Central, 10am Mountain, 9am Pacific.
You can listen by tuning in at http://blogtalkradio.com/jckc or by calling in at 347-215-7478.
If you are interested, you can also pre-order Shel's book right here (I plan to do that myself):
I hope you can join us for what should prove to be a fun and educational hour!