If you have a home to sell, this video from Lennar offers ten simple and important tips that could help you turn your old home into a SOLD home.
1. MAKE A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION. From the minute they pull in your driveway, their minds made up. Take the time to mow, mulch, trim and tidy up.
2. FIX EVERYTHING. Nobody wants to buy a home thats broken.
3. HIDE YOUR LITTLE ANIMALS. Showing your home is not the time to show off your pets. Remove them, their hair and their smells from your home before your guests arrive.
4. GET RID OF THE CLUTTER. Dont show off your knickknacks. De-clutter your counters and streamline your shelves. Make cabinets look roomy, not gloomy.
5. KEEP EVERYTHING OPEN. Open the blinds. Open the doors. And remove excess furniture to open up the spaciousness of every room.
6. IF YOU WANT IT, DONT FLAUNT IT. You may be attached to your light fixtures or ceiling fans. But if they're attached to that home, they're part of that home. So remove the things now that you'll be taking with you.
7. MAKE A CLEAN SWEEP. Clean the carpets. Clean the closets. Clean the showers. Clean the faucets. Clean everything. It might be old to you, but it's new to them.
8. SELL THE NEIGHBORHOOD, TOO. Your buyers aren't just buying a home, they're buying into a community. Highlight the positives of the area: and make them comfortable to know that they're making the right move.
9: PRICE IT RIGHT. Dont base your selling price on what nearby homes have sold for in the past. Check the prices of homes that are on sale now.
10: JUST LEAVE. Home buyers want to picture their home with their family in it, not yours. They'll feel much more comfortable if youre not there.
You can download all 10 of these tips and more by going to LENNAR.com/10Tips, and best of luck turning your old home into a sold home.