August 2009 recap of the Real Estate market in Burleson, TX
Last month in Burleson, TX was exciting in the homes for sale business. This is your monthly report for August 2009. I pulled these statistics off of the North Texas Real Estate Information System and the information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
What homes sold in Burleson TX?
All we as buyers, sellers and agents really care about when it comes down to it is what homes actually sold. Here is a break down of actual sales for Burleson, TX.
- 45 homes sold in Burleson. Of those 45, the average house was a three bedroom, two bath home. The average square footage was 2014 and the average sold price was $136,196 with a list price of $138,568. The average house was on the market for 79 days.
What homes were for sale in Burleson, TX?
- Active listings in Burleson TX toatled 361 homes. The average home was a three bedroom, two bathroom with 2422 square feet. The average list price was $219,067 and was on the market for 104 days. Keep in mind that one of the houses was a beautiful antibellum mansion listing for 3.9 million dollars.
What about pending homes for sale in Burleson?
- There were 37 properties pending during August. Of these the average was 1868 square foot three bedroom two bath home. The average list price for pending homes was $119,144.
What about the first time homebuyer tax credit?
- Home sales continue to be driven by the tax credit. It is available for any person who has not owned a home in three years. The credit is up to $8000 and is a true tax credit, not a deduction. Based upon the average sales price of homes in Burleson, TX, most buyers would qualify for the full amount. There is a way to use the money for closing costs at closing. Please contact me for more information on this program.
- This tax credit is set to expire on November 30th, so if you are interested in buying a new home in Burleson, now is the time to do it. All sales must close before the end of November to qualify!