June 7th was my three month anniversary on Active Rain...so I guess that it is only appropriate that I was memed 3 times in a 48 hour period shortly thereafter! First by the lovely Mana Tulberg, next by my sister in spirit, Brande Bradford and then by The FHA Man himself - Jeff Belonger, who somehow "discovered" me.
It's been a great few months in the Active Rain for me:
- I've made new friends.
- I have 2 new clients from blogging here.
- I have 8 potential clients from here and my "other blog" which is also brand new, doing fabulous and was inspired by the Project Blogger Contest and the Non Apprentice Bloggers Group.
- I was "chosen" to be a coach/moderator by Mike Mueller at the Practice Here group which every newbie should visit and take advantage of!
- I was also chosen to be a moderator at the Carnivals, Contest and Blogging Events Group....okay so I was the only volunteer when the call for help came from Maureen Francis...but I'm stilled thrilled.
- I also started a group for Quick Blog from godaddy.com users(or for anyone exploring "other blog" products".
So you really think you want to know more about me?
1) I don't know what I want to be when I grow up....I am passionate about real estate, but my role keeps changing....I started as an appraiser (and still own an appraisal company with my husband David). Then I was "top producing agent" (someone else's definition of me...not mine) agent for a few months before taking a position as a sales manager and later, managing broker for a CENTURY 21 company with 3 offices and too many agents. Two years ago I opened a new independent company because I missed the contact with consumers and so I could specialize in ___(fill in the blank- the vision changes every few months)! Sharing the passion with consumers and agents is what makes real estate fun for me!
2) I adore animals! And I'm also passionate about animal rescue programs! We have 4 horses, tons of cats and 5 dogs. One of the dogs is actually my new grandpuppy! We live on a 90 acre farm just outside Athens and I would love to have more dogs, but the house is not big enough for all of them and all of us.
3) I am a control freak! Could someone come up with a more pleasant way of describing that tendency, please? On a personal level, delegation is very difficult for me and I tend to become overwhelmed because I'm always trying to catch up and always taking on more than I probably should....I'm great at telling everyone else how to manage their valuable time...if only I could let go and take my own advice!
4) I love football! Of course Athens, Georgia is the home of the SEC Champion University of Georgia Bulldogs and I love my DAWGS. But even more importantly, to me, the Georgia Force High School Football Team is undefeated for 2 years and they have won back to back GFL championships.
<---Chris graduated this year, but Clint ---> still has one more year to go and then hopefully college ball! We have been blessed to have this program available, even though we drive over an hour (to Atlanta, GA) each way to practice and games. Both of these guys decided to homeschool (that's another post or probably a book I need to write) and dual enroll for college credit 2 years ago because they were bored by their studies...but they hated to give up football, luckily we discovered the Georgia Football League with opportunities for homeschooled students and more.
5) I cannot live without reading, especially science fiction and fantasy! Before becoming addicted to Active Rain, I averaged a book a day, now I'm down to about 5 a week because I spend soooo much time here learning and sharing. Most recent read: James Patterson & Peter De Jonge's Beach Road.
AND a Bonus: My Former Client tried to Hire a Hitman!
Now the fun part....I'm tagging Phil Sharp because I'm watching his blog grow and want to know more about what makes him tick; Doug Moore because he lives and works in one of my favorite areas of Georgia; and Amy Anthony Coile because she is one of my favorite lenders and has great things to share! Here's to Lucky Lang's exhaustive list of those who have been meme'd and the history of the meme on Active Rain!