Why Do We Worry So Much?
Have you seen the look on some professional's faces in real estate of late? There are probably some REAL things to worry about, but I venture they are less than 20% of what we worry about.
I think "concern" on various things that bother us is all right, but downright worry, obsessing about a problem or situation, kinda like sand stuck in the oyster, is PURE WASTED ENERGY. Tips for not having excess worry:
- work your way out of the jam
- let go. It really is freeing
- consult with others purely as a sounding board to get your feelings out
- discover how "others" got out of this jam and copy their solution if it is a fit
- take a break, get away
- separate things in your control and out of your control for serenity
Above all, think of the old 20/20 hindsight and looking back on what you are worrying about right now for those 80% of things, they don't matter a hill of beans one year or five years from now. Take a chill pill and turn that worry wart face of yours around with a smile or a laugh.
Laugh in the face of worry. It might actually snap you out of it!!