Oh hey... Before I begin this blog post, I wanted to treat you to some crazy facts about email:
- There are more than 100 billion pieces of SPAM email sent around the world every single day!
- The number of spam email messages sent around the globe each month numbers in the trillions!
- More than 80% of all that SPAM is sent by fewer than 200 individuals
- Despite the crushing number of SPAM messages sent each month, email continues to deliver a higher Return On Investment than any other form of marketing
Ok, Now that I got those interesting numbers out of my system, let's get back to the regularly scheduled blog post! Did you know that email is still considered the #1 highest return on investment form of marketing in the world? Here are some facts you need to consider that can help you with your own email mortgage marketing efforts:
- The best days to send email are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- The best time of day to send email is after 9:30 but before 2:0
- Never use red colored font in a professional email (Sets off SPAM flags)
- Keep your subject lines shorter than 35 characters whenever possible
- "Long term prospects" (Those who are not in the market for at least 6 months) should get 1 email per month, whereas shorter term prospects should get emailed 2 - 3 times per month
- Send usable information free of blatant advertising
- Add your Twitter and FaceBook profile links to your email signature (If you have professional profiles setup)
Those are some pretty impressive numbers: a $43.08 return on investment for every dollar spent! Where else can you get those types of conversions? Direct mail? Magazine ads? Radio? Hiring telemarketers? Nope...
Use the tips I provided above, and and you will see an improvement in your own email marketing efforts. But there's one more tip I have for you that absolutely must be observed:
- Use a permission based email list only! Do not SPAM! -
It's far easier than you imagine to build a permission based email list. It doesn't need to be a long and drawn out process. If you make use of a marketing-grade auto-responder system, all of your follow-up efforts will be automated and save you a truck-load of time, while delivering fresh, warm leads to you on a regular basis as the prospects begin to convert and respond to your efforts. I generally grow my own email list by 250 - 300 fresh emails per month. Would you like to do the same?
If you'd like to learn more about how to incorporate proper email marketing strategy into your own efforts, don't forget about our Loan Officer Project 5 Day Webinar series. Nothing to buy from us, just 5 days of intense "hands on" learning. It's free to participate, and we almost always fill every last spot. (We now have a waiting list) - To register and see if you can participate in the next round of free training,