Louisville Real Estate Market Report
Area 7 of the Louisville MLS covers homes for sale in FernCreek, Hikes Point, and Jeffersontown (J-town). Some of the larger subdivisions in this area are Breckenridge Meadows, Glenmary, Little Spring Farm, Orchard Lakes, Saratoga Springs and Saratoga Woods.
See Also: Louisville Real Estate Map
Search for Louisville Homes
- Home sales have definitely picked-up in this area of Louisville. Through the first 3 months of the year, the number of homes sold was off by 40%. That number is down to 8% now. We are seeing the trickle-up effects of existing homeowners being able to trade-up once first time home buyers jump into the market. The $8000 tax credit is certainly making a difference.
- For sellers, this is an indication that you can sell your Louisville home if you have a Louisville real estate agent who understands how to help you prepare, price, and promote your home.
- Buyers should take note that selection is great. As word spreads that buyers are actually taking advantage of the low interest rates, tax credits, etc, more sellers are putting their homes on the market. If you want to live in this part of Louisville, you should certainly be able to find a home that meets your needs. When you find a home that you really want, make a strong offer based on a comparative market analysis. Homes are selling 3-5% below list price. Low-balling someone with an offer of 90% or worse may well cost you the home.
Additional Market Reports (July 09)
- Louisville Homes - Area 8 Douglass Hills, Hurstbourne, Middletown
- Bullitt County Homes
- Shepherdsville Homes
- Mt Washington Homes
First Time Home Buyer Tax Credits for Louisville Home Buyers
- Time is Running Out
- $4500 Down Payment Assistance - Get Down payment Assistance money through KHC.
- $8000 Tax Credit - Get an $8000 Tax Credit on your 2008 or 2009 Tax return when you buy a home.
- $8000 Tax Credit Amended - Find how how to use the Tax Credit for a portion of your downpayment
* * * * *
I specialize in the following areas of the Metro Louisville Area: Prospect, Middletown, Jeffersontown (J-Town), Fern Creek, Okolona, Shepherdsville, Mt Washington, Hillview, Brooks and Pewee Valley. Click the following links to learn more about Louisville and Bullitt County Real Estateor to Search for Louisville Homes