Louisville Real Estate Market Report for Area 8 (40223, 40243, 40245)
This report analyzes property sales trends for Louisville homes over the last few months and versus the same time period last year. The report includes number of Louisville homes sold, average listing price, average sales price, days on market (DOM), and current inventory as well as analysis for buyers and sellers.
Area 8 of the Louisville MLS covers homes for sale in Douglass Hills, Hurstbourne, Middletown as well as areas outside of the Gene Snyder expressway. Zipcodes for this area include 40223, 40243, and 40245. In addition to those already mentioned, some of the larger subdivisions in this area are Lake Forest, Locust Creek, Owl Creek and Polo Fields
See Also: Louisville Real Estate Map
Search for Louisville Homes
- Another solid month of sales! At the beginning of the year, sales were off 30% from last year. During the last the months, the number of homes sold in this area of Louisville is only down by 10%. Clearly confidence is returning to the Louisville housing market. This area has been a little slower to recover as prices tend to exclude first-time home buyers. However, as more trade-up consumers enter the market, sales will continue to improve. Area 8 is a highly desirable section of Louisville and a good number of people are activiely looking to buy here.
- In these rapidly changing times, property valuation is critical and expertise is essential. Sellers need to find a Louisville real estate agent who can help them price, prepare, and promote their home correctly. Buyers also need a local expert who can help them find the ideal home and achieve a successful closing.
Additional Market Reports (July 09)
- Louisville Homes - Area 7 Fern Creek, Hikes Point, J-Town
- Bullitt County Homes
- Shepherdsville Homes
- Mt Washington Homes
First Time Home Buyer Tax Credits for Louisville Home Buyers
- $4500 Down Payment Assistance - Get Down payment Assistance money through KHC.
- $8000 Tax Credit - Get an $8000 Tax Credit on your 2008 or 2009 Tax return when you buy a home.
- $8000 Tax Credit Amended - Find how how to use the Tax Credit for a portion of your downpayment
* * * * *
I specialize in the following areas of the Metro Louisville Area: Prospect, Middletown, Jeffersontown (J-Town), Fern Creek, Okolona, Shepherdsville, Mt Washington, Hillview, Brooks and Pewee Valley. Click the following links to learn more about Louisville and Bullitt County Real Estateor to Search for Louisville Homes