LOOKING FOR A TOWNHOME FOR SALE IN LAFAYETTE SQUARE?
Mississippi Place, a new home community in Lafayette Square, offers attached townhomes with old world charm and contemporary finishes across the street from Lafayette Park. There are two floor plans to meet your needs - the Victorian Parlor and the Lafayette Manor House. Currently, there are six townhomes remaining - priced from $399,000.
PRIME LOCATION MEANS QUICK RESALE AND APPRECIATING PRICES
There is an old adage in the real estate business - location, location, location. Well, location does matter. The townhomes at Mississippi Place are located across the street from the main entrance to Lafayette Park and offer great park views. A good location does matter. Homes that are located in great locations in good neighborhoods offer:
- Price Stability
- Appreciating Home Value
- Increased Public Exposure
- Shortened Marketing Times
In today's market, one should consider potential resale and market value. When it comes to location, there is none better than the townhomes for sale at Mississippi Place with their stunning views of Lafayette Park.
ELEGANT LIVING - OLD WORLD CHARM WITH CONTEMPORARY FINISHES
The Victorian Parlor Model Offers the Following Standards and Options:
- Exterior Facade: Brick / Dryvit EFIS with exterior drain system (where noted on plans). Energy efficient insulation.
- Front Entry: Solid wood entry door with mail slot, deadbolt lock and transom. Architectural columns and/or ceramic tile in foyer (where noted on plans).
- Parlor: Hardwood floors. Fireplace and wood mantle. Above-mantle wiring for cable/satellite television. Built-in bookcases (upgrade). Crown molding. Coat closet.
- First Floor Powder Room: First floor laundry with exterior vent. Half-bath powder room. Ceramic tile floor.
- First Floor Stairs: Hardwood stairs with painted risers.
- Kitchen: Ceramic tile floor (Upgrade-hardwood floor). 3 cabinet options. Cabinet layouts will vary based on unit, location of windows and cabinets selected (Upgrade-wine rack). Black Maytag dishwasher, gas stove and microwave with hood vent (Upgrade-stainless steel JennAir). Granite countertops (Base-Grade A, Upgrade-Grade B). Stainless double bowl sink with disposal. Pendant lighting. Under cabinet lighting (Upgrade-over cabinet lighting).
- Living Room/Dining Room: Hardwood floors. Fireplace and wood mantle. Above-mantle wiring for cable/satellite television. Crown molding.
- Master Suite and Bathroom Areas: Premium carpet and pad (master bedroom). Ceiling fan. Walk-in closet. Juliette balcony. Ceramic tile (bathroom). Jacuzzi soaking tub (Upgrade-whirlpool jets) and separate shower with glass enclosure and ceramic tile surround. 3 ceramic tile surround options (Base-12x12 tiles, Upgrade 1-brick style, Upgrade 2-x8 tile). Granite countertops (Base-Grade A, Upgrade-Grade B). Under mount sinks. Crown molding (upgrade).
- Second Floor Stairs: Carpeted stairs.
- Third Floor Bath: Jack-n-Jill bathroom with entry from hall. Granite countertops with under mounted sink. Tub with ceramic tile surround. Ceramic tile floor.
- Third Floor Guest Room: Premium carpet and pad. Walk-in closet.
- Energy Efficiency: Double-pane thermal wood windows with easy to clean removable sashes. R-30 ceiling insulation. R-13 wall insulation. Energy efficient gas furnace, gas water heater and central air.
- Cabinets: Manufacturer-Quality Cabinets. Base-Bristol (Maple). Upgrade 1-Hancock (Maple). Upgrade 2-Jamestown (Maple).
- Lighting: $1,000 lighting allowance from Metro Lighting.
- Other: Oversized 2-car garage; deck (upgrade); and poured concrete basement with option for basement buildout.
Mississippi Place is located just South of Downtown St. Louis and minutes from Downtown St. Louis or Clayton in the historic Lafayette Square neighborhood. Here are some of the benefits of this great location:
- Public Transportation - Located on the Convention Center bus line and within walking distance of the Metro Station at Union Station
- Interstate Highways - Central Location with Easy Access to Highways 44, 55, 64 and 70
- Hospitals - Minutes from St. Louis University Hospital, Barnes-Jewish and the Washington University Medical Campus
- Universities- Short drive to the college campus of St. Louis University, Harris Stowe State College, Fontbonne, Webster University, Washington University, and the St. Louis College of Pharmacy
- Arts and Entertainment - Short drive to Grand Arts District, Fox Theatre, CitiGarden, Washington Avenue Clubs, The Landing, and Soulard
- Restaurants- Walking Distance to Lafayette Square restaurants such as Vin de Set, 1111, Ricardo's, 33 Wine Bar, Bailey's Chocolate Bar, Arcelia's, Sqwires, and more
- Dog Park- Soulard •Park - Walking Distance to Lafayette Park
- Neighborhood Events- House Tour, Christmas Parlor Tour, Summer Concert Series, Movies in the Park, Tour de Lafayette Bike Race, Perfectos Baseball, Health and Wellness Fair, and Much More
- Farmer's Market- Walking Distance to Soulard Market
- Fitness - Fitness trails in Lafayette Park, bike lanes on Park and Lafayette, and short walk or run to local fitness clubs
- Airport - 16 miles to Lambert St. Louis International Airport
Mississippi Place offers stunning views of Lafayette Park urban lofts in an established, fashionable neighborhood. Lafayette Square is not only a great neighborhood - it is also a great investment with over 15 years of median price increases. Even in 2008, Lafayette Square experienced an 8% median price increase. As important, Lafayette Square offers a great, new lifestyle. Whether you enjoy reading a book, having a class of wine or walking treelined streets looking at great examples of Victorian architecture, Lafayette Square has something for everyone.
Interested in purchasing a townhome in Lafayette Square? Contact Ryan Shaughnessy at PREA Signature Realty at 314-971-4381.