Well, it's that time again. Sunday morning, and I'm gearing up for the stand-by Sunday Open House. This Sunday - and every Sunday except holidays - I'm holding open the Windsor Court Condominiums, located smack-dab in the middle of the Historic Fan District. Here are some quick facts about the project:
- The actual address is 1608-1614 Grove Avenue, in between Vine and Lombardy.
- There are 24 total units located in three different buildings set back around a GORGEOUS central courtyard - two "wing" buildings, 1608 Grove and 1614 Grove, and the "main building at 1610 Grove.
- Each unit has a minimum of 2 bedrooms, 1 bath. Twelve of the 24 units have an extra half bath.
- There is one DEDICATED parking space per unit. For lots of people, this is a big deal.
[NOTE: Me, I've lived right around the corner on Allen for almost 10 years, and street parking has never bothered me. However, it seems like lots of people don't have that attitude, especially people new to the Fan. Maybe they really think City parking is a total nightmare. I dunno. In the 10+ years that I've been in my house, I've only had trouble parking on my street during Back-to-School Nights at Binford Middle School OR Halloween, which is a HUGE deal in the Fan, and basically a ginormous street party on Hanover Avenue between Allen and Robinson. For all the other great aspects of Fan living, I'll take a few evenings of parking inconvenience. But I digress....]
- All the units have new ceramic tile baths, new kitchen cabinets, granite counters, stainless steel appliances, and refinished hardwood floors.
- The condo fee is $194/month, and covers all the utilities EXCEPT electricity and any cable, phone, or Internet an owner would like to have.
- There is a $98,000 tax abatement on each unit. That means each purchaser saves almost $1,200/year in real estate taxes, almost $100/month.
- There is additional secured storage in the basement of each building, one storage closet for each unit.
- The prices start at $194,900 and run up to $239,900, with most units in the $205,000-$215,000 range.
It's a great project, and I don't just say that because I'm listing it. I love the buildings, I love the courtyard, and I love, love, LOVE the location. It's just around the corner from Lombardy Market, Baliceaux (which I haven't tried, but which is getting rave reviews from the neighbors), Si, and Kuba Kuba. It's only 2 blocks from Main, with all the stores and restaurants there - Six Burner, Ecologic, Baja Bean Company, Trolley Market, Home Team Grill. AND it's just a short walk all the shops and restaurants at Harrison & Grace, and Broad Street - Chipotle, Panera Bread, Qdoba, Subway, Five Guys, Cold Stone, Smoothie King - you get the idea.
Can't beat it with a stick, in my humble opinion. For more information, check out our website at www.windsorcourtcondominiums.com. Agents, send your buyers. First time home buyers, stop by today between 1-4 and take a look for yourself. Everyone, there is parking in the rear, accessible from the alleys off either Lombardy or Vine.
Happy Sunday everybody!