Looking for condos for sale in Lafayette Square? PREA Signature Realty just listed a new condo for sale in Lafayette Square at 1303 Missouri - Unit C located 1 block North of Lafayette Park. This condo in Lafayette Squarehas been recently updated with new flooring, carpeting, HVAC and water heater and is in move-in ready condition.
IDEAL FOR FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS
This condo in Lafayette Square is ideal for a young professional or first-time home buyer who is interested in purchasing in Lafayette Square. Here are a few benefits of purchasing now:
- $8,000 Federal First-Time Home Buyer Tax Credit - Pay down your mortgage, use to pay your first 10 mortgage payments, make improvements to the property, or purchase new furniture or appliances.
- Cheaper than Rent-Assuming a 3.5% down payment, a 30 year fixed rate loan, and interest rates at 5%, your monthly mortgage payment would be approximately $750 per month. The current average rental rate for condos and apartments in Lafayette Square is $1.00 per sq. ft.. At 931 sq. ft., this condo would rent for $931 per month. By purchasing, you save $2,160 per year compared to renting.
- Tax Benefits - Although you will pay interest on your loan and will be responsible for the payment of real estate taxes ($1,134 per year), you able to deduct these items on your federal and state income tax returns.
- Wealth Building - Lafayette Square is an established neighborhood with a history of price appreciation over the past 15 years. In 2008, contrary to national and regional trends, Lafayette Square saw an increase in median sales price of 8%. Although historical appreciation trends may not continue in the future, real estate has been shown to be a key component in building wealth.
- Low Maintenance - Unlike single family homes, condominiums with an adequate capital reserve can offer two major benefits - low maintenance and predictable expenses.
This condo for sale in Lafayette Square offers the following features and benefits:
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Sq. Footage: 931 sq. ft. (per city tax records)
- Parking: 1 Off-Street Assigned Parking Space
- Exterior Facade: Brick
- Living Room: 13.6' x 15', Windows with Eastern Exposure, Wood Burning Fireplace with Mantel, and Pergo Wood Floors
- Dining Room: 12.9' x 11.4', Windows with Eastern Exposure, Open Floor Plan, Mirrored Ledge, and Pergo Wood Floors
- Kitchen: 8.8' x 8.7', Eat-In Breakfast Bar, Double Bowl Ceramic Sink, Dishwasher, Microwave, Stove, and Refrigerator, White Cathedral Cabinets, Red Laminate Countertop, Pantry and Ceramic Tile Floor.
- Master Bedroom: 13.9' x 11.6', Newer Carpeting and Pad, and Large Wall Closet
- Guest Bedroom/Office: 13.6' x 11.6', Pergo Wood Floor, Large Wall Closet and Access to Deck
- Bathroom: Full Bath with Shower/Tub, Ceramic Tile Floor, and New Toilet.
- Systems: Newer HVAC and Water Heater
- Windows: Some Window Treatments and Some Storm Windows
- Deck: Semi-Private Wood Deck
The condo for sale is located just South of Downtown St. Louis and minutes from Downtown St. Louis or Clayton in the historic Lafayette Square neighborhood. Here are some of the benefits of this great location:
- Public Transportation - Located on the Convention Center bus line and within walking distance of the Metro Station at Union Station
- Interstate Highways - Central Location with Easy Access to Highways 44, 55, 64 and 70
- Hospitals - Minutes from St. Louis University Hospital, Barnes-Jewish and the Washington University Medical Campus
- Universities- Short drive to the college campus of St. Louis University, Harris Stowe State College, Fontbonne, Webster University, Washington University, and the St. Louis College of Pharmacy
- Arts and Entertainment - Short drive to Grand Arts District, Fox Theatre, CitiGarden, Washington Avenue Clubs, The Landing, and Soulard
- Restaurants- Walking Distance to Lafayette Square restaurants such as Vin de Set, 1111, Ricardo's, 33 Wine Bar, Bailey's Chocolate Bar, Arcelia's, Sqwires, and more
- Dog Park- Soulard
- Park - Walking Distance to Lafayette Park
- Neighborhood Events- House Tour, Christmas Parlor Tour, Summer Concert Series, Movies in the Park, Tour de Lafayette Bike Race, Perfectos Baseball, Health and Wellness Fair, and Much More
- Farmer's Market- Walking Distance to Soulard Market
- Fitness - Fitness trails in Lafayette Park, bike lanes on Park and Lafayette, 1 block West of Lafayette Pool & Tennis Club, and short walk or run to local fitness clubs
- Airport - 16 miles to Lambert St. Louis International Airport
Lafayette Square offers a great, new lifestyle. Whether you enjoy reading a book, having a class of wine or walking tree lined streets looking at great examples of Victorian architecture, Lafayette Square has something for everyone.
Interested in purchasing a townhome in Lafayette Square? Contact Ryan Shaughnessy at PREA Signature Realty at 314-971-4381.