Tracy Santrock called me out. She took it upon herself to MEME me, so once again I'm exposed....
1) I'm Directionless- I mean this literally. I was driving home from work this evening and the road I typically take was blocked/cut off. I hear all the time, "You can't miss it!" My retort, " I can't find it!" I read somewhere that Einstein would get lost walking home. I don't have much in common with his genius, but I can identify with that. So, I have that going for me...
2) Over 3 years ago, I lived in an Attic. There was no heat in the cold, no wind in the warm. I vividly recall one evening when I awoke and saw a shadow of a winged creature hovering above me. I pulled the string attached to the light-bulb and my open eyes saw a Bat flying in my general direction. Doing my best Rocky Balboa impression, I was throwing down with the shadows. I never hit the bat, but I've slept with a pillow between my legs and the covers over my face ever since.
3) I've Wined & Dined With Kings & Queens, Slept In Alleys Eating Pork & Beans - I've lived that way (see above) and I've done business that way every step I took. I've had clients who make 30K a year to some that make in excess of 500K a year. I treat them all the same, it's not hard to do that....cause they're human.
4) I went to the Wild Samoan School of Professional Wrestling - I learned a few things. Number One, the sleeper hold, if properly applied, turns your lights out in a heartbeat. Number Two, Samoans have HUGE Craniums. Number Three, I can/could cut the mustard, but there is no way in God's Green Earth that I will put my body on the line when my heart no longer is in the game. I don't have many regrets, that is one of them though.
5) My Core Philosophies:
- I believe in two things: There is a God & I'm Not It.
- If you don't believe in a Higher Power, I cite Mother 'Freaking' Nature!
- Pain is weakness leaving the body.
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow, Learn as if you were to Live Forever.
That's me folks, in a nutshell at least. In retrospect, I'm either the craziest smart guy I've ever met or the smartest crazy guy. I'm not sure which. In reality, I have shoulders and a head above them. I try to live life like that.
And to Tracy Santrock, Thank You! This Meme stuff is somewhat cleansing...