For those bloggers who are working diligently on consistently creating good content you deserve a reward. Reward yourself by stepping up and out of the usual places and seeking your consumers where they are active and willing participants.
Extend your reach beyond Twitter, Facebook and Linked In by engaging in networks where consumers, bloggers and local businesses build relationships. I will give you fair warning, these places may be "unusal" as they are not networks and platforms of the unusual real estate suspects.
Social Networks~Go Viral with Your Blog In All of the Unusual Places
1. (B2C)-Make Money with Kindle-
I admit I have had a love affair with the Kindle since the beginning of this year. When I learned that blogs could also be displayed on the Kindle I quickly wrote to find out how I could get my blog on this digital train. Well, I quickly forgot about my email until I was on Mike Mueller's Facebook Fan Page today and saw his Kindle Link. It took me all of a minute to go and sign up and now my marketing blog will be available on the Kindle too.
Blog Readers on the Kindle have to pay a subscription fee to Amazon. Of course the blogger gets paid too.
2. (B2B)Socialize about Social Media-
This is an online social network for social media marketers, bloggers, marketers, PR and media professionals. You can add a feed to your blog once you join as a member (Free) or you can write blog posts about social marketing and read others whose job it is to be "in the now" on the latest tools and best practices.
It may spark a few new ideas to take a breathe of fresh air and step outside the real estate industry.
3. (B2B) and (B2C) Get Your "Woman On" BlogHer-
An online social network of diverse women blogging and connecting on topics from soup to nuts and everything in between. You can add an RSS feed of y our blog, a link to your website, write fresh blog posts on this platform AND write updates called "chatter" which will then feed to Twitter and Facebook.
Oh, and one othe thing...you can participate in groups OR create your own group (hmmm....create a group and network with local woman online...hhhmmmm....interesting)
4. (B2B) and (B2C)- Get your Blog On AllTop
- AllTop was created by Guy Kawasaki and is described as an "online magazine rack" of popular topcs. It's a no-brainer choice really. Fill out a short form with information about your blog. You will receive an email notifying you if your blog gets listed in this virtual online rack under Real Estate.
You will also receive a badge when approved that you can display on your blog like the one in my right margin
SCROLL UP AND TO THE RIGHT TO TAKE A LOOK AND SEE------------------------------------------>>>>>>>
5. (B2B) and (B2C)- Merchant Circle-
An online community for merchants to advertise their services to locals. There is a fee and paid service. The free service will allow you to create a profile page for your business with contact information, a google map, a link to your website and/or blog. You can offer a coupon as an incentive to consumers AND you publish blog posts on your profile page.
Not only is this a great tool for online local advertising, but you can network with other local business through this platform.
And it just might be a good way to research potential local guest bloggers as well as businesses who perhaps believe in online networking and advertising and some cross-promotion.
If you are still asking why you should extend yourself beyond your standard networks I'll give you three reasons:
- You want to face your markets- both B2B and B2C
- You want to listen to your markets and find your opportunities
- You want to market yourself in the corners where people go and you realize they are wide and vast because it is the worldwideweb
And one more.....you realize that being online-available-visible-and connected makes opportunities knock upon your virtual door.
These are just five and if you look you will find more....go viral with your blog in all the "unusual places".
If you enjoyed this post on social networks, here are three more for your reading pleasure,
- Stealing Bases Won't Hit It Home Everytime with Social Networking and Blogging
- The Misconception of Social Networking: Magic, Miracles, or Just Plain Movin' and Shakin'
- Your Social Connections and SOI are Birds of a Feather Meant to Flock Together
Need a Social Media Marketing Strategy that makes business cents? Contact Rebecca Levinson dba Real Skillz, Real Estate Marketing Consultant #262-203-5231 or email email@example.com