Residential Service Contracts
As you approach closing day on your home, you may want to consider purchasing a Residential Service Contract. We have found them to be invaluable to buyers and sellers when unexpected repairs are needed.
- Coverage can be purchased by a seller to cover unexpected items that may arise during the buyer's inspections.
- As a buyer, Residential Service Contracts, also known as home warranties can save you a bundle in repair costs after you move in.
- A Residential Service Contract covers repair or replacement of some major and minor items and components of a home. Typically, they are 1 year in duration, beginning at the time you take occupancy.
- Many cover central air and heat, electrical, plumbing, water heater, and some appliances like refrigerators, etc.
- The seller may offer or you may ask for them to furnish you with a Residential Service Contract.
I strongly recommend reviewing the coverage of a residential service contract, and the amount of savings and "peace of mind" that it could represent to your home purchase.
Again, please contact me for any reason, 281-948-7042.
© 2009 Brian Worrell, Realtor in League City, TX - 281-948-7042. All Rights Reserved.