Oahu, Hawaii Single Family Homes For Sale and Pending Sales
By: David Kucic, Hawaii Real Estate Agent
On the island of Oahu, there are currently 1,809 single family homes for sale and 592 pending sales as of June 14th, 2007.
This is a roll up of just where the activity is taking place and the amount of home sales volume each region is experiencing. If you are not familiar with the island and only know the city or neighborhood name, I have included that in a second list. The numbers in the second list coincide with the numbers in the first list.
All of these statistics are deemed to be correct but not guaranteed. The information has all been obtained through careful research through the Honolulu Board of Realtors MLS.
Market activity by Region:
•1. Central Oahu 136 active listings, 63 pending sales (Very near Schofield Barracks)
•2. Diamond Head 167 active listings, 52 pending sales
•3. Ewa Plain 354 active listings, 86 pending sales (Great values and brand new homes too!)
•4. Hawaii Kai 109 active listings, 33 pending sales
•5. Kailua 135 active listings, 40 pending sales (Near Marine Corps Base Kaneohe)
•6. Kaneohe 169 active listings, 61 pending sales (Near Marine Corps Base Kaneohe)
•7. Leeward 206 active listings, 52 pending sales
•8. Makakilo 83 active listings, 25 pending sales
•9. Metro Oahu 181 active listings, 71 pending sales
•10. Norshore 110 active listings, 12 pending sales (These are located in surfers heaven!)
•11. Pearl City 47 active listings, 39 pending sales (Near Pearl Harbor and Hickam Air Force Base)
•12. Waipahu 112 active listings, 49 pending sales
Neighborhoods that coincide with the above numbers
- Wahiawa and Mililani
- Diamond Head, Kapahulu, Kaimuki, Puupanini, Palolo, Wilhelmina, St. Louis, Manalani, Waialae, Kahala, Black Point, Aina Haina, Wailupe, Niu Valley, Hawaii Loa Ridge, Kuliouou, Paikoo, Waialae Nui, Waialae Iki
- Kapolei and Ewa Beach
- Hawaii Kai, Maunalua, Koko Kai, Portlock
- Kailua, Waimanalo, Maunawilli, Olomana, Enchanted Lake, Kailua Beach, Lanikai, Kaopa, Kalaheo, Kaimalino, Aikahi Park
- Kaneohe, Kokokahi, Pikoiloa, Kaneohe Town, Alii Shores, Haiku, Heeia, Clubview, Kahaluu, Waikane, Kualoa, Kaaawa, Punaluu, Hauula
- Makaha, Waianae, Lualualei, Maili, KoOlina
- Nanakai Gardens, Upper Makakilo, Lower Makakilo
- Salt Lake, Moanalua, Aliamanu, Kalihi, Kam Heights, Kapalama, Palama, Lililha, Alewa Heights, Puunui, Nuuana, Punchbowl, Pacific Heights, Makiki, Tantalus, Moilili, Punahou, Manoa
- Laie, Kahuku, Sunset, Pupukea, Kawailoa, Waimea, Haleiwa, Waialua, Mokuleia
- Pacific Palisades, Pearl City, Momilani, Waimalu, Waiau, Newtown, Wailuna, Pearlridge, Aiea, Halawa, Foster Village, Aiea Heights
- Village Park, Royal Kunia, Seaview, Crestview, Waikele, Waipio, Waipahu
You will find a wide variety of homes for sale in Hawaii just like you do in most other places around the nation. Please try not to compare "what you can get in Hawaii" versus what you can get in any other state in the nation because THERE JUST IS NO COMPARISON! Homes here tend to run smaller in square footage and in lot size because there is not much land on an island. Come to Hawaii!