Tips on Getting Your Home Insurance Lowered
1) Did you know that having a good credit score counts? Some companies reward customers with up to a 10% discount just for having good credit.
2) Age of Home counts too. Homes built after 2002 automatically get a discount because they comply with the new Florida building codes.
3) If you have a central burglar or fire alram you can save more money on your policy.
4) There is a retiree discount available as well. Some companies give discounts to those who are 65 or older.
5) Mitagation Credits. You may have heard of this word a lot especially lately.
What it means is that a simple roof inspection can confirm if your home qualifies for several discounts such as:
- Roof replacement after 2002
- Hurricane clips or staps
- Having 8d nails
- Hip shaped roof
- Secondary water resistance
- Hurricane shutters or hurricane proof glass
If your home was built after 2002, then you automatically already receive this credit.
Things that could drive your premium up are:
1) Vicious breed of dogs on the property
2) Swimming pool diving boards or slides
3) Having a previous insurance claim on file, especially a liability.
Note: Trampolines are no longer permitted.
When shopping for an Insurance Agent, I have a full list of them available at my website located at www.KellyKleinSoldMine.com
Kelly Klein, Broker Associate
Red Hot Realty