Fiction writing is great, you can make up almost anything."
- Ivana Trump, on finishing her first novel
"I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to."
- Shaquille O'Neal, basketball player, on whether he had visited the Parthenon during his visit to Greece
"It is wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago"
- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice-President
"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign.
I never apologize.
I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.
- Homer J. Simpson
"Reports are sketchy, but we have heard that in the first heart transplant operation in Belgium, both patient and donor are doing fine."
- Radio news announcer
"Bruce Sutter has been around for awhile and he's pretty old. He's thirty-five years old. That will give you some idea of how old he is."
- Ron Fairley, Giants broadcaster
"A verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on."
- Samuel Goldwyn
"I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid."
- Terry Bradshaw, Former football player/announcer
"He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings."
- Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, John Jenkins
"I didn't realize I was in a Buddhist temple."
- Al Gore, former U.S. Vice President when asked about his illegal fundraising activities that took place in a Buddhist temple.
"Traffic is very heavy at the moment, so if you are thinking of leaving now, you'd better set off a few minutes earlier."
- Anonymous Traffic Report
"If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forwards and people won't know if you're coming or going."
- Casel Stengal, former Baseball player
"I think the team that wins Game 5 will win the series. Unless we lose Game 5."
- Charles Barkley, NBA Basketball Player
"My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt."
- Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice.
"Better make it six, I can't eat eight."
- Dan Osinski, Baseball pitcher, when a waitress asked if he wanted his pizza cut into six or eight slices
"If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime."
- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President
"Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points they almost always win."
- Doug Collins, basketball commentator
"Whenever I watch TV and I see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I would love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
- Mariah Carey, Pop Singer
You can't have a list like this without... YOGI BERRA!!!
"It was pretty good. Even the music was nice."
- Yogi Berra, Baseball player, after attending an opera
"I really didn't say everything I said."
"A nickel ain't worth a dime any more."
"It's like deja vu all over again."
"Always go to other peoples' funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours."
"Predictions are difficult, especially about the future."
There you go, a list of uninspiring quotes. Hope you enjoyed them. :)
If you would like to buy or sell a home in Fort Wayne Indiana or in the surrounding communities, please call us at 260-704-0842, or you may want to visit our website for more specific information on the communities we service: Fort Wayne Real Estate, Huntington Real Estate, Columbia City, Bluffton, Roanoke, Warsaw and Winona Lake, Auburn, New Haven and North Manchester, IN.
Fort Wayne Realtors Jared and Amanda Christiansen
The Christiansen Team
WE work, YOU win!