I've been a member of Active Rain since January, just wasn't active until one Saturday in March when I decided to check this site out a little closer and became addicted in a matter of 30 minutes (if it took that long).
My commenting (dancing in the rain) on other member's blogs has been a fun and educational experience. I've met so many wonderful people but never expected to be MEME'd - thank you Jeff Belonger - here are 5 things that most of you don't know about mememe.
- I was born and raised in Louisiana - yes, I'm a Cajun. We have traced our ancestors to Canada and to France before that. I love to invite friends over for dinner and prepare authentic Cajun food - I use our Family Recipes - see my recipe for Crawfish Etouffee in the Recipe Group and in the Suthurn Thangs Group.
- I have lived in 10 states - Louisiana, New Jersey, Delaware, Massachusetts, Georgia, North Carolina, California, Arizona, Virginia and Texas - Massachusetts 3 times, and North Carolina 2 times. Which was my favorite state? Hmmm, they all were!
- I have 3 wonderful, beautiful, intelligent and talented children. Daniel was born in Hickory, NC the first time we lived there. He and his fiancé, Catherine, are both majoring in Art at UTSA. I also have beautiful identical twin daughters, Erin and Rebecca who were born in San Diego, CA. Erin is a Biology major at the University of Texas at San Antonio but is considering moving to New Jersey and transferring to Rutgers University. Rebecca has graduated from Texas A & M and is married, she and her husband, Brad, live and work in San Antonio.
Here's a picture of Zydeco! Isn't he cute?!!
- I live and work in San Antonio, TX. My puppy, Zydeco, (Shih Tzu) sits in my lap while I read and comment (dance in the rain). I have been a Real Estate Agent since October of 2000 and joined Coldwell Banker D'Ann Harper, Realtors in September of this year. I specialize in Corporate and Military Relocation. I also love to work with First-Time Buyers. I do have a special man in my life, his name is Don and he is employed at the Toyota Plant here in San Antonio. We've known each other most of our lives but never dated until we went to a Class Reunion after we were both divorced - another one of those Class Reunion match-ups.
- I love all kinds of music, well almost. I absolutely love Rod Stewart! I also enjoy Listening and dancing to music from the 40's, 50's, 60's & 70's. I also love the music of Louisiana - the beautiful Cajun Ballads, Zydeco, Blues, Jazz and Swamp Pop.
Now that you know a little about me, it's time to meet some other new Active Rain Members. I'm tagging Yolanda Hoversten, Mike Mueller and Angie Vandenberg to write their MEME's. Y'all just go here to read the rules.