Holidays ahead will mean more shopping...with credit cards in person and on line...Beware...Be Careful..Be Safe !
Mortgage fraud can be the result of identity theft. Here are some helpful tips for avoiding identity theft:
- Never leave receipts in random places such as bank machines, gas stations, or trashcans.
- Always sign your credit cards. Never give your credit to someone else to use. Report lost cards immediately. Keep an eye on your monthly statements to see if anything shows up that shouldn't.
- Shread important documents, such as pre-approved credit card applications, bills, and credit card receipts.
- Avoid keeping written record of any of your credit card information. This is an easy way for someone else to get a hold of them.
- Never give others personal information, such as your social security or pin number, over the phone, unless you initiated the call.
- Always get your mail immediately. Don't leave it in the mailbox for long. Never leave mail lying around.
See More About Debt Scams and How to avoid some of them.