With so many borrowers having so many problems with their mortgage modifications and short sales, and REALTORS going bald and on Prozac trying to deal with the mess, I made a youtube video to tell my story.
I also got some advice from a real estate attorney to help others with the same problems:
- Always get the name and employee number of the person you are talking with on the phone AND their supervisor's name and employee number.
- Write down the time and date. (You may need your phone records later)
- Repeat the information back to them that you heard them say to you.
- Tell them you are going to stay on the phone while they type the infomration into the computer so you know they are inputting the information.
- Tell them after they input the information that you want to hold for the supervisor.
This is very good advice. I wish I had done this. I hope it helps many of you.
The Washington Post published an article this week highlighting how Bank of America is trailing behind some other large banks in their mortgage modification numbers.