The New Cathedral - St. Louis, Missouri.
On May 1, 1907, ground was broken on the New Cathedral. The first mass was celebrated on October 18, 1914.
For those who haven't been inside the the New Cathedral, it is an amazing sight. Work on the mosaics started in 1912. The mosaics in the side chapels and sanctuary were designed and installed by the Tiffany Company. Work continued for 78 years and was completed in 1988. To fully understand the massive scope of the project, there are 83,000 square feet of mosaic glass tiles with over 41.5 million individual tiles in 7000 colors
To see the inside of the New Cathedral, click on New Cathedral Tour. The New Cathedral is located at 4431 Lindell Blvd. in the Central West End neighborhood of the City of St. Louis.
Interested in purchasing a new home, condominium or loft in the Central West End? Contact Ryan Shaughnessy at PREA Signature Realty at 314-971-4381.