Posting an outside blog on Active Rain helps build Google Juice....but you can do even more with it to build your business.
Seven ways I use my outside blog to enhance existing relationships and (hopefully) cultivate new ones:
- In my monthly e-newsletter, I try to post at least one link to a recent blog post I have written that ties in to the theme of the newsletter. For instance, if I am talking about Haile Plantation (one of my target markets), I link to my most recent blog post on Haile Plantation homes sold.
- I have hooked up my outside blog to TypePad in LinkedIn. When it's working (which, apparently, it's not right now so I'll need to log some butt-expanding hours figuring out how to troubleshoot the link), every time I post to my Outside Blog, it automatically appears on my LinkedIn account, which is accessible for all of my network connections to view. This keeps me top-of-mind with people in my market, and also helps to remind my connections who aren't in my market that I work in real estate.....who knows...maybe one day they'll need to refer business to me. :)
- I've included printouts of my market reports in my listing packets, and talk about them in my listing presentations to give sellers a concrete, and very local and immediate, view of what is selling....and for how much....in their marketplace. Including these blog printouts also gives me a chance to mention my ActiveRain activity, and what my exposure on ActiveRain and other channels (e.g., trulia) means for them as well (increased listing visibility).
- I've provided links to these market reports on Trulia to answer questions posed by potential Gainesville homebuyers looking for up-to-date market information.
- I've emailed links to blog posts on specific subjects (e.g. Gainesville short sales) to my contact list to show them I am actively involved in the market and that I am here for them when they need my services.
- On my agent website, I have a tab for Market Reports....I have linked to my blog posts on market reports, broken down by area. Also on my agent website, I have an Out and About tab, where I highlight Things to Do, Places to Go, and Gainesville day trips. These posts often include slideshows or videos of the area.
- I have included a link to my blog postings about listings on my email signature to provide better exposure for my listings and to show email recipients another way that I market their property.