How am I using my ActiveRain blog to enhance existing relationships? (A blog inspired by Bob "the Builder" Stewart!)
When I created my ActiveRain account way back when the wheel was still square and sliced bread was just a dream, I originally thought AR was just going to be a social networking atmosphere where I could expand my referral base.
But nearly 2 years into my existence here, I’ve come to discover that it’s so much more than that!
There’s so much to learn everyday here in the Rain; and after reading blogs from some of the best in the business, I’ve realized that ActiveRain is a very powerful marketing tool.
As ActiveRain has evolved, so have my reasons for being here. I still use my blogs to generate referrals and learn from other agents, but now I also use my blogs to enhance existing relationships and create new ones in the process.
How have I done that?
Well, I’m glad you asked!
1. All of my Localism themed posts are emailed to everyone in my database. After all, if they’re thinking of moving here, or they already live here, shouldn’t I inform them of what’s happening in the area?
2. New listings are also emailed to my database. The sellers love it because they get to see the comments other Rainers have left about their home; and prospective buyer clients can get a feel for what’s available to them when they’re ready to make the move.
3. I've been lucky enough to achieve a certain level of success here in the Rain and I have incorporated that into my listing presentations. When a seller client sees how I can reach over 160,000 agents across the country to market their home to, that goes a lot further than you might think. I work in an area with a lot of relocating buyers. So being able to reach out to agents in other parts of the country increases my chances of getting the home noticed....and eventually sold!
4. My irreverent posts, and there are many of them, are sent to my crazy clients and friends! Not only do they seem to love them, it’s a great way to “touch” them so they don’t forget me when they’re ready to buy or sell. They also won’t forget me when they know of someone who needs the help of a Realtor.
5. I've become a much better blogger and marketer since joining ActiveRain. I've been able to enhance relationships by sending "reminders" to my clients, friends and family that I'm here ready to help you with all your Real Estate needs.
6. Lastly, and this is possibly one of the biggest ways I’ve used my blogs and ActiveRain to enhance my relationships, is the fact that anyone who comments on my blog gets a response. I also try to “payback” those folks by commenting on their posts. If that sounds silly, just keep in mind that one Rainer loved some of my Photoshop enhanced posts so much, she called me and asked me to create a logo for her. Naturally I obliged and a few weeks later she called me again. But this time it was a referral to an REO company. That company has given me three listings with the promise of many more coming up soon!
Not only have I utilized ActiveRain to enhance my existing relationships, I’ve been fortunate enough to meet some wonderful people along the way, generate more business, and, most of all, have some fun in the process!
Thank you ActiveRain!
About The Author
Craig Rutman is a North Carolina Residential Real Estate Specialist that can assist you with the purchase and/or sale of real estate in the Raleigh - Cary – Apex metro areas; or any place else in the country by connecting you with a relocation professional in your destination of choice.
To find all available homes for sale in the Triangle area of North Carolina, please visit www.justnchomes.com
Call me TODAY at 919-349-9530
Email me with your Raleigh - Cary – Apex area questions