As one of the most highly regarded communities in New Jersey, Basking Ridge provides many opportunities for everyone. I enjoy living here and I am honored to be able to confidently market the homes in this community! The following 10 reasons for living here come from the top of my head, but I doubt that anyone would find fault with the ones I have chosen!
- In early November, Ridge High will be honored as one of only 314 public schools in the nation to earn recognition as a 2009 Blue Ribbon School! It is one of only 40 public high schools in the nation to receive the award, and the only comprehensive high school in New Jersey. Click here to read the announcement sent home by the district.
- Being located on the Gladstone Line branch of the Morris-Essex Line makes Basking Ridge an easy NYC Commute - buses and trains (even a mid-town direct) are readily available and the ride is just about an hour.
- The Bernards Township Parks and Recreation Department maintains our beatiful parks and the Pleasant Valley Pool. They run an amazing array of programs for residents of all ages. From "ant hockey" and "mad science" for the little kids to a professionally staffed soccer league, travel basketball, travel soccer, softball, adult programs such as pick up basketball and yoga, art classes for seniors, and monthly trips for active adults. The rec rundown is delivered right to my inbox every other week - it can be delivered to yours too, click here to sign up!
- Easy access to Route 287, Route 78 and from there, Routes 80, 10 and 22, the Garden State Parkway, the NY Throughway and the NJ Turnpike - always an easy commute, pretty much to where ever you need to go! In about an hour you can be on the beach, in the mountains, or on a lake.
- It's our 250th anniversary! Big events are planned for 2010 - the 250th anniversary of Basking Ridge! A special committee has been appointed to plan for this special occasion. If you have an interest in participating in the planning of this exciting event please contact me and I will share what I know.
- We are home to the state of the art Somerset Hills YMCA - with two locations to choose from!
- There is housing for everyone - from one bedroom condos to 6 bedroom single family homes and our home values have remained strong. Visit my website for information on what has sold in Basking Ridge over the last year or to search for homes and townhouses currently available in Basking Ridge.
- Basking Ridge is an environmentally responsible town - we have gone green and are very conservation aware. I covered this in several blog posts over the summer: Basking Ridge Goes Green and Basking Ridge is Pesticide Free.
- Standard & Poor's Rating Services assigned its ‘AAA' long-term rating, and stable outlook on Bernards Township's 2009 bonds and at the same time affirmed the ‘AAA' rating on the Township's existing debt obligations. Standard & Poor's cited the Township's very low direct debt burden, favorable demographics, strong home values, consistently strong financial performance, and good financial management practices.
- The Bernards Township Library is part of a consortium of nine area libraries sharing holdings of over 800,000 books, 50,000 media items, 2,200 magazines & newspapers, and much more. The online abilities are impressive and they host a variety of wonderful in-house activities. Free summer programs for kids of all ages, resume workshops, computer training, knitting, story time, drama workshops. Once again, there is something for everyone!
If you are thinking of buying or selling a home in Basking Ridge, NJ, please contact me. I know I can help! Visit my website to make a request for a free market analysis - to help you pinpoint the value of your Basking Ridge home. Click here to sign up for daily notification of new listings or closed sales in Basking Ridge or any other surrounding area.
If you have another reason to add to the list, please post a comment!
Downtown Basking Ridge, NJ - no traffic lights!
Subscribe to CommentsComment