KENTLANDS COMMUNITY NOTICES
Third Annual Halloween Rocks
Friday, October 30
Bands begin at 6:00pm.
Trick-or-treating, petting zoo, DJ, dancing, face painting, mini-carnival and costume contest!
Donations encouraged - see http://www.halloweenrocks.net/ for specifics.
Rain or shine.
For more info or to become a sponsor contact Paula or Andrew Ross at 301.244.8386.
Halloween Parade and Magic Show
Saturday, October 31
10:30 AM - Magic Show
11:15 AM - Costume Parade
Registration required - please reserve a space by calling 301.948.4290
New Fall 2009 Photo Album on Kentlandsusa.com
Add your pictures to the Kentlandsusa.com Fall 2009 photo albums. Share pictures of Oktoberfest or Halloween with your neighbors.
KENTLANDUSA.COM WEBSITE UPDATE- Start posting your Home Improvement reviews and recommendations. A new tab called Home Improvement Info has been under Resident Resources.
From the Community Manager
Neighborhood Watch: Who to Call
· 911 - for an emergency or to report a crime that has just been committed.
• 301-279-8000 - for non-emergency, e.g. illegally parked cars, damaged property, anything suspicious. Please do not call the Clubhouse staff to report a suspicious person/activity. You must call the police.
Prevent Crimes of Opportunity
· Keep your vehicles locked at all times and do not leave any valuables in sight.
· Keep your house locked and your garage door closed and locked.
· Keep your garage lights located in the alley on after dark. It is considerate and it is Assembly policy. Report burned out streetlights to the City, Public Works at 301-258 6370. Please note the light pole numbers when reporting burned out lights.
• Learn your neighbor' s names and phone numbers or use the community directory at www.kentlandsusa.com as a tool. A very effective community petty crime-fighting tool is communication amongst neighbors. Extra eyes and ears always help!
Fall Leaf Collection
The City of Gaithersburg will be collecting leaves during the last week of October through the final week of December. Pickup is made every 5 to 7 work days, usually coinciding with Thursday recycling days. Rake leaves to the curb next to your recycling bins for pickup. Questions regarding City pickup should be directed to 301.258.6370.
Please do not dump leaves in the tree saves, green areas or tot lot areas.
Tree Removal Permit Required
The City of Gaithersburg requires a permit for tree removal on private property. Tree removal means removal, relocating or topping of the tree. This would include trees with a caliper of more than two inches, as measured at four inches above ground level. The application for tree removal is available at www.gaithersburgmd.gov. If you have any questions, contact the City of Gaithersburg, Public Works at 301-258-6370.
KENTLANDS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION NEWS
POSTED ON ACTIVERAIN AS A COMMUNITY SERVICE