HomeGain announced the results of their 2009 home improvement survey. These are the top 12 DIY projects that give the biggest ROI for home sellers. Here's the link to the article:
HERE ARE THE TOP 5:
1. Cleaning and de-cluttering ($200 cost / $1,700 price increase / 872% ROI)
2. Home staging ($300 cost / $1,780 price increase / 586% ROI)
3. Lightening and brightening ($230 cost / $1,300 price increase / 572% ROI)
4. Landscaping ($320 cost / $1,500 price increase / 473% ROI)
5. Repairing plumbing ($385 cost / $1,250 price increase / 327% ROI)
Home staging rates #2! How awesome is that?
But wait ... Isn't cleaning and decluttering included in the advice a home stager would give?? OF COURSE IT IS!! We stagers also recommend updated lighting and landscaping also!
So, I'm gonna take stock in the fact that Home Staging, with all of it's parts and parcels, really rates as the #1 ROI FOR HOME SELLERS!
Take a bow, stagers!!