Gentle Creek Golf Club In Prosper Texas
Prosper sits near the Denton-Collin county line, directly in the path of the northward extension of the Dallas North Tollway. As commuters begin using the new portion of the Tollway between U.S. Highway 380 and State Highway 121, they are bringing a wave of construction projects to the small town of about 7,000. Shopping centers, office complexes and new home developments are planned for the once-sleepy town. Population is expected to reach 80,000 at build-out. The Prosper school district now has three elementary schools, one middle school and one high school.
According to the city's Web site, the first settlers arrived in the area in 1846. Between 1850 and 1902, two settlements existed: Rock Hill, two miles south of the present town, and Richland, one mile north. The establishment of the St. Louis & San Francisco Railroad in March of 1902 led the two communities to merge, forming the town of Prosper.
• Population: 7,000 (estimated as of 1/1/08 per city of Prosper)
• Average age: 31.4 (2007 per city of Prosper)
• Average household income: $102,778 (2007 per city of Prosper)
• Crime stats: (For 2007, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety) no murders, no rapes, no robberies, no aggravated assaults, 22 burglaries, 111 thefts and 2 vehicle thefts.
• School information: www.prosper-isd.net