I had no clues what "Meme'd" meant when I was tagged. I had to Google it.... After reading several definitions, it's still ambiguous to me.....I'm old fashioned when it comes to certain things.... my kids make fun of me because I'm not up on all the text messaging lingo....I never Text Message because I bought my cell phone many years ago and I didn't know it had that feature....It does have that feature and I found it out the hard way .... I just took my 11 year old daughter shopping at the "Limited" and she grabbed a dress and said "OMG!"... I looked at her and asked what the heck is that ??? For months I've been signing all my family emails with LOL...I thought that meant "Lots of Love" well I was wrong...you'all probably all know what that means....
I'm actually pleasantly surprised that someone tagged me...So I will give it a try...
1. I was born in Chicago. Moved to the suburbs when I was four. I am the youngest of Irish triplets...two boys and one girl (me) ...My brothers are older and always tried to kill me. Yes, kill me ... Looking back I think they thought I was a living breathing human toy. They loved to play combat / army and Cowboys & Indians....I was always stuck with the enemy role..... The only break I got was when I spent the day at my grandmother's house. Which was not always a smooth ride because I got my head caught in the outside back stair railing, locked in the dark basement by mistake (my grandfather didn't know I was playing down there and he turned the lights out and locked the door when he finished his project at his workbench) ...He sure didn't like it when I did it to him....I got in so much trouble...one time I got lost and the Chicago police were called to do a search...I was never lost, just playing next door (well, four houses down the alley), My parents and grandparents were so mad at me ..... My lord they are the adults and should have been watching me and I got into trouble....I never forgot that.....I was told never to tease the huge menacing dog behind the 10 foot security fence down the alley because it would eat me alive ... Well my parents were wrong...I'm still alive.... When my little sister was finally born I thought I would be spared from the brother torture thing ...no such luck.....Today, I'm very close with all my siblings. When my one brother was diagnosed with stage four cancer it killed me inside. I told him that I would stick by his side and we would get through this together.... I'm blessed to still have him. My oldest brother just spent two years in Iraq...Hopefully he got that combat/army thing out of his system by now....As for my sweet little sister...she was just rejected from a Flight Attendent position with a major airline because she attritubed it to being the "token old person" during the interviewing process ... My lord I'm the older than her ... I'm so depressed now.... Somehow all the torture that I endured for her growing up did not make me feel sorry for her ... She never knew what I went through for her... I still love my sister.
2. I originally went to college to be an Architect. I was in the honors Art and Architecture program at U of I, Chicago. I come from a long line of artists, Robert W. Weir, John F. Weir and Julian A. Weir...My father, Thomas Weir painted when he was young guy and my Aunt and God-mother, Kathy Weir-West is currently a professional artist. You can see her work on http://www.kweirwest.com/.... My degrees are in Math and Business. I design and paint in my spare time.
3. My life is filled with drama and adventure !! I am married to an International Tax Attorney who is currently the Executive VP and General Legal Counsel for a huge Dallas based Real Estate Company....Commercial Real Estate (Needless to say, very stressful). We have five children...four boys and one girl. Ages 25 down to 10 years old...My daughter ( 11 years old going on 20) is my partner in crime. She is the sweetest little girl a Mother could ever have. My four boys are all "boy"... I always seem to know what they are thinking...I think it's because of my hands-on experience with having two lunatic brothers. I have a pre-punishment program in place...I punish them for what they are thinking about doing next... It's the thought that counts...right ??? If they really get annoying I tell them to go to the corner store and hang out and smoke cigarettes ... It seems that if you tell them to do negative things it takes the fun out of it and they never do it.... My husband, who only had one sister growing up, gets mad at me all the time because he thinks that I am teaching them bad things....It's because they do the wackiest things and I sometimes have to laugh. I don't have the energy to get mad at every little thing they do. Sometimes they have to face the consequences on their own....I think we call that real life lessons. They are all good kids that are going through real life growing pains....When my oldest son had a turbo installed on his 4 cylinder Honda civic it blew the engine and he was in tears...He did that on his own and it ruined the car I just bought him. He came home to tell me. While he was in tears I said, " and that is a problem to you? A problem is living with your younger brother, Kyle !! That is a problem.." He started to laugh. I told him that this is one of those "life's lessons" and he will survive. Before moving to Texas he was presented with a Community Award...When he was a Senior in high school he was at his friend's house talking to the father...The father was under the car working on brake pads. The jack gave out and my son lunged forward and grabbed the front bumper and held it up and yelled for help while his good friend stood in a state of shock...the younger sister called 911 and the father managed to slide out just before my son couldn't hold the car up any longer saving his life. The father was air lifted to the hospital and my son and his friend were all over the news. Branden is not a big guy and only weighed about 117 pounds at the time and the car weighed 4 tons. The weight of the car didn't even break through his skin... I take my job as their mother very seriously. I believe that the best thing you can do as a parent is to teach them how to survive without you while building their self confidence. My youngest son is quite the gentleman...in Pre-school he would insist on opening my car door when I picked him up. Once he had me in the car I would have to climb back out to buckle him in his baby car seat. He said that he will always take care of me when I'm old. He is constantly asking me if I'm old yet.
We moved to Texas about eight years ago and we love it !! Texans are so friendly !! The weather here is asesome !! It's fun to live in a very different part of the country and experience the wonderful culture of the South...
4. My career...I have been in the Real Estate industry since about 1980 and not on purpose. I fell into it ... I have taken time off for my family which makes Real Estate a great career for Moms....When I take time off I take courses so that I'm always current.... I am a Loan Officer and a Real Estate Agent. I was a Loan Officer first which really has helped me be a better Real Estate Agent than I would be without that knowledge and experience. I am a very honest person and I can't stand working with creepy sneaky Agents that play dirty. I don't like negative people so I tend to distance myself from people that drag me down. Distance means either physical or emotional.
5. My business philosophy... I am all about the Client. My goal is to do the best I can do for the Client. I manage my business so that I can have the best of two worlds which makes me positive, productive and effective.
Okay, Margaret Woda, Maryland REALTOR you had tagged me...I hope that I did this correctly because I don't want to be a "Party Pooper." This was fun.
I have tagged the following Active Rain Members...I would tag more but I was limited to three per the rules...
Renee Burrows - NV Real Estate, I chose Renee because she always has positive things to say when she comments on my blogs....It's like a verbal hug. It's fun to read her blogs because I can see that she has a cute personality through her writing skills...Renee is awesome !! She has sent me business..Thank you Renee !!
Danny Smith... I chose Danny because he is a positive person. He always has positive/supporting things to say when he comments on my blogs. I thought it was a nice thing to do when he came up with an award and he awards different Active Rain members.
Tricia Jumonville I chose Tricia because I like strong people that have the guts to say what they have to say with their intentions in the right place.... One time when she commented on my blog my first reaction was not a positive one...However, after reading more of what she has to say I found that she is a good hearted person with a strong will. She has spunk. I like spunky intelligent and interesting people
For more info on meme's....visit the following links: