Here are five programs that I give a big thumbs up. Please post any software tools that you feel are essential.
- Google Desktop Search - Great tool for quickly searching your emails and/or computer files. Results are displayed very quickly. Freeware.
- HandyFind - Find words or text as you type in programs that don't allow you to use the Ctrl + F function. This has been extremely useful for me in MS Outlook. Freeware.
- Snagit - Screen capture software. Snagit allows you select just the area that you need to capture. Shareware / Trail demo.
- Foxit PDF Editor - Great tool for editing PDF files. You can add annotations, text, markups, etc. Shareware or use Demo with small watermark
- PrimoPDF - Free software that allows you to quickly convert almost any file to PDF.