THE NEW RESPA RULE SEMINAR
Friday, December 11, 2009
10:00 a.m. - 12noon
Must Register Online
The Federal Building
600 Arch Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
The Philadelphia Home Ownership Center is hosting a two hour seminar and update on the new RESPA Rule. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is requiring that loan originators provide borrowers with a standard Good Faith Estimate (GFE) that clearly discloses key loan terms and closing costs and that closing agents provide borrowers with a revised HUD-1 Settlement Statement. Also discussed will be elimination of FHA cap on origination fees.
The new RESPA Rules were published November 17, 2008 and will take full effect on January 1, 2010. Guest Presenter is Ivy Jackson, Director of the Office of RESPA and ILS, Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, DC.
Please bring a Photo ID
Space is Limited • Register Early!
Please be aware that we do not know when there will be a training session in NY on RESPA. I would strongly suggest you send someone to attend just in case a NY session does not happen before the year is out.
A couple of things you should know:
- Deadline for registration and questions is a firm close of business on December 4, 2009.
- Due to the expected large audience, no questions will be answered from the floor. All questions must be submitted on-line. Using an ID given to them at registration, registrant's may re-log into the registration site to ask additional questions.
- This is not a webinar and will not be carried by telephone.
- The Register Now link is sticky. Give it time to open.
- If you should have a problem with the link in the attached flyer. The actual registration weblink is:
Register Here or copy and paste this link: http://www.hud.gov/emarc/index.cfm?fuseaction=emar.registerEvent&eventId=314&update=N
Please share with your colleagues and staff. See you there!
If you want to received FHA Up Dates - Please send your email to the following contact person:
Migdalia Murati Sr. Account Liaison
FHA Office of Business Development
1 Newark Center 1085 Raymond Blvd., 13th Floor
Newark, New Jersey 07102