This is by no means a new topic, but I've decided to put a new 'spin' on it and, hopefully, further make my point with the aid of a few visuals. The following list was created by me but the photos, and this post, are part of my "As Seen on the MLS" series which is aimed at educating buyers and sellers everywhere.
10. It's not as easy to wallpaper as it is to paint.
9. Painting over wallpaper simply doesn't look professional.
8. You're renting and you want to get your entire security deposit returned.
7. Wallpapered doors and ceilings are not fun to replace and/or repair.
6. The buyers may want to use the baby's room as their office.
5. The buyers will want to use the office as their baby's room.
4. The buyers have two boys and you have two girls.
3. You are into pastels and the buyer is a fan of earth tones.
2. What looks like "the latest" style today will look dated in a few years.
1. The offer amount will reflect the buyers' estimated effort & cost to remove, repair & repaint the room(s).