Some interesting facts for you to share at the Thanksgiving Gathering this year.
1 .Congress did not declare Thanksgiving a National Holiday until 1941.
2. Turkeys can have Heart attacks.
3. Fossils show that turkeys were around ten million years ago.
4. About one-half of all Americans put the stuffing inside the turkey.
5. Ben Franklin wanted the Turkey to be the National Bird.
6. 20% of all cranberries eaten yearly are eaten on Thanksgiving Day.
7. The very First Thanksgiving lasted for 3 Days.
8. A scared turkey can run as fast as 20 MPH.
9. Turkeys have been known to fly for short distances at 55 MPH.
10. Wild Turkeys taste different than domesticated farm raised turkeys.
11. Turkeys can drown if they are left outside in a rain storm.
Feel Free to add any thay you may know.....