As REALTORS we're here to help people in their real estate needs. Whether it's finding a new home or keeping the one they currently have.
Beware of Foreclosure Rescue Scams - Help Is Free!
- Beware of anyone who asks you to pay a fee in exchange for a counseling service or modification of a delinquent loan.
- Scam artists often target homeowners who are struggling to meet their mortgage commitment or anxious to sell their homes. Recognize and avoid common scams.
- Assistance from a HUD-approved housing counselor is FREE.
- Beware of people who pressure you to sign papers immediately, or who try to convince you that they can "save" your home if you sign or transfer over the deed to your house.
- Do not sign over the deed to your property to any organization or individual unless you are working directly with your mortgage company to forgive your debt.
- Never make a mortgage payment to anyone other than your mortgage company without their approval.
This is a time for many people facing hardship that need understanding and help for a way out. Keeping their dignity and saving as much of their credit as possible. Legal advice and a tax preparer are always advised before moving forward on a short sale. Communication with your lender is the first step. You should know your options as soon as possible, always have a Plan A,B and C.
www.MakingHomeAffordable.gov has a lot of information I think could be very valuable to homeowners who think they have nowhere to turn. If you find yourself facing a true hardship and need more assistance I'm here to help. You'll have a strong team behind you. CENTURY 21 sells a home every minute of the day.
Subscribe to CommentsComment