Do you remember the Kevin Costner movie where he built the baseball field out in the corn field and dramatically the players appeared. Is there a home that if we build it and market it the buyers will come?
Today's Flop in my market...
- Massive Colonial
- All the bells and whistles
- Little bigger than the Jones next door
- 3000 square feet or more
- Big Price and Big Taxes
- Yes just a few short years ago this was the house to buy,build, and everyone wanted one!
Today's Home that is selling...
- efficient ... smaller utilities, smaller taxes, smaller home...People want to downsize from the Colonial to the Rancher or Bi-Level
- economical .... In my neck of the woods that price is hovering right around $200,000 and is approximately 1500 to 2000 square feet.
- Expandable... People want the basement or room above the garage where they can add on if needed.
I believe the folks that are buying and building include first-time homebuyers and the downsizers... So my plan is encourage my builders building spec homes to build the ranchers,the bi-levels, that are smaller can be expanded but right now they are affordable. How about your area? Build what they need and want and they will come! People will always need a roof over thier head... Realtors will always be needed to help renters, builders, folks reselling! We just need to evolve as the market dictates.