Week of 11/30/09- Real Skillz Freebie Picks- Free Online Reads and Real Estate Marketing Resources for Real Estate Agents and Real Estate Companies
- 2009 Online Holiday Shopping Trends: Interview with ComScore's Andrew Lipsman
Similar to the growth of online consumers shopping for real estate, business for online retail has increased. Online retailers have helped to keep revenue for from falling further in the negative as there has been a "20% growth rate in new buyers to the channel."
What I found extremely interesting in this article was this comment, "...Amazon is...becoming [consumers] first search engine when they know they're in the purchase funnel."
If you think about search this is fascinating. Now we have people using all these different forms of search- Twitter for real time and Amazon as a "niche" shopping search engine or purchasing decision engine. It really makes you think about marketing and how people are finding brands to purchase from and emphasizes that search goes beyond Google.
Good real estate marketing should move beyond Google.
- The 7 Laws for Buying B2B
A timely blog post from Geoffrey James of BNet that recites 7 buying rules he shares from a
a professional buyer. I especially agree with the following two laws,
- LAW #2. DON’T hire a vendor just because they’ve helped you in the past.
- LAW #3. DON’T hire a vendor just because you’re impressed by their CEO.As you create/finish your real estate marketing budget for 2010 here are six tips to keep your business finances lean and mean.
Research Shows How Much We Love A Blame Storm
A blog post from DirkTheCow on the Social Media Today Network about the "blame game"
bandwagon and how to circumvent this behavior. A few worthy tips to take away include:
- Learning from your mistakes- "embrace failures and mistakes as something to move on from"
- Positive affirmation- "people who affirmed their ’self-worth’, were less likely to point fingers."
Keeping the end goal in sight instead of ripping into another professionals' goals and efforts will only help you reach your goal more easily and maintain a level of integrity. Biting your tongue and walking away with your fingers off your keyboard helps too.
I know. I practice it regularly.
Stockpiling Blog Articles Gets You Ahead of the Game
A blog post from Kirsten Nicole of Blogging Tips blog on creating a system to archive and store content
as a book of inspiration to help keep the flow of blogging fresh content. The post makes some easy
to follow points to help keep bloggers block at bay, but I would have liked it anyway for the beginning
description of a blogger,
"Publishing this text in a blog gives you a sense of accomplishment. And having a permanence of legacy gives you a taste of eternity".In my seminars I say something similar, "When you blog you now have a brand that is archived on the Internet and will remain part of your legacy" and even professionals who don't blog yet get that.I often see their heads nodding up and down as they take notes.
The way that Nicole says it gives it a more poetic justice. Well said.
Build Brand Through Online Forums: Giveaway offer Receives 83%
A blog post about a tire manufacturer that created a marketing campaign centering around online
forums that resulted in a 83% CTR (Click-Thru-Rate) and an increase in sales. The article outlines and
details the following six steps of the campaign,
- Create a high quality freebie
- Build landing pages to accept requests
- Identify appropriate forums
- Write customized post content
- Post content to forumsImportant take away- Get involved where consumers are active. Question and Answer websites and forum are fertile ground for marketing campaigns and new business.
Real Skillz appreciates its fans and is showing an attitude of gratitude. Every day in December look for a freebie tool/site posted through the Real Skillz real estate marketing fan page on Facebook. I'll tell you where to find it and how it is useful to your business.
Real Skillz Freebie Picks- Free Online Reads and Real Estate Marketing Resources for Real Estate Agents and Real Estate Companies is a weekly online newsletter provided by Rebecca D. Levinson, Real Estate Marketing Consultant.