1. A HOME STAGER WILL BRING A FRESH PERSPECTIVE
and view your house through a different set of eyes. A home stager will determine and draw up a plan to make and show your house to be more appealing to prospective buyers.
2. A home stager will use experience to make your house ready to sell in the current real estate market. A home stager will plan to maximize the best features of the house and to maximize space. A home stager will be staging to show the purpose of each room, (for example a dining room being a dining room)draw the eye to the rooms' focal points, and to ensure that buyers can easily walk through each space.
3. A home stager will use proven technqiues of oganization, arrangement, balance, proportion and style.
- Organization - A proven technique of organziation is putting like things together, for example all the books placed together on a book shelf. Another neat trick is to bring the spine of the book to the edge of the shelf and line all the books up along the edge. For pantry shelving, put the shorter items in front and face the labe of foods towards the front and again bring to the front edge of the shelf.
- Arrangement - In arrangement of decor items, an odd number of 1 or 3 objects is more pleasing to the eye than an even number.
- Balance - Balance the heavy furniture on one side of the room with balance of same "heaviness." on the other side. For example if there is a tall book case on one wall and an empty space opposite the bookcase, then there needs to be a piece of furniture in the opposite space to balance out the book case.
- Proportion - Proportion has to do with balance as well. For example two teeny, tiny picture frames above a seven foot couch is all out of proportion and balance. Instead one larger picture fram will be more proportionate to the couch. A rule of thumb is to cover 2/3 of the wall area above the couch. Leave about 6 inches between the top of the couch and the bottom of the picture frame.
- Style - Style can seem more intangible; however, one llustration of style is to consider the style of the furnishings. For example an antique dresser would be out of place n a bedroom with a sleek contemporary black and chrome bed because of the clash of styles of furniture.
4. A home stager will be more efficient at staging your home and will not have the same attachment to your personal decor and won't be as easily distracted as you as the owner might be. Certainly the home stager is not going to get sidetracked by the current issue of a popular ladies magazine such as the Ladies Home Journal and not get any work done. Now I know some of you know what I'm talking about. I have even set a timer to clean and tidy up for 30 minutes. Ten minutes in it am lured away by a compelling magazine article in a magazine that I found underneath the couch!
5. STAGED HOMES SELL FASTER THAN HOMES THAT ARE NOT STAGED. According to Barb Schwarz CEO of www.stagedhomes. com, current statistics show that 94.8 percent of ASP staged homes sell in 37 days or less versis 182 days or more for non staged homes. Heres a link to more details: http://www.stagedhomes.com/mediacenter/stagingstatistics.php
Beverly Carlson is an Accredited Staging Professional (ASP) and REALTOR who can help you get your home sold Call for a free consultation to stage and list or stage and lease or stage to live!
Most recent STAGED AND SOLD HOUSE IN ABILENE TEXAS!
This house had been on the market for awhile and then was staged by Beverly Carlson and received offer within one week of the staging being completed.