- What is your list price to sales price ratio over the last 6 months?
- What is the average # of days on the market in your area?
- How many homes similar to ours have sold in the last 60 days?
- How many listings did you have last year that didn't sell?
- What is the percentage of clients that you have...sellers vs. buyers?
- How many homes did you sell last year?
- Can you give me the names and numbers of the last 5 clients that you worked with?
- Do you do any type of work other than real estate?
- How many people do you speak to about real estate each day?
- Will you give a copy of your daily schedule?
These questions are very important. Make sure that the agent you hire is not only professional, but they have a schedule, a proven marketing plan and can be held accountable.
In times like these, no average agent will do. An agent who stays on top of the market will be able to price your home at a price that will cause it to sell without leaving any unecessary money on the table. They may even be able to sell in a less than average time frame.
Don't be afraid to ask any of these questions. By asking them you may avoid losing time, buyers and more importantly the opportunity to move when you need to.