When you get in the holiday spirit, you just can't help but want to decorate your home to add cheer and spice up its environment. Therefore, I have a few Christmas decorating ideas to help you create memories that will last a lifetime. And don't forget to get your kids to join in on the fun.
* Fill your home with a festive scent by gathering evergreen branches and boughs. Place them on your mantle, staircase, front door, etc. for beautiful decorations.
* Consider a completely different Christmas tree this year. Maybe one with only white lights or a completely bare tree so you can marvel at nature's perfection.
* Place large pine cones in groups bound with ribbon. You can then hang them from doorknobs, windows or stair banisters.
* Add Christmas cheer in unexpected places around your home like the bathrooms. Adding lights around the mirrors or hanging festive ornaments from the lighting will surely spice up these rooms.
* Nuts are a traditional holiday favorite. You can use them decoratively by hanging nut clusters from pretty bows and attaching them to boughs throughout your home.
* Natural fruit can be placed in decorative bowls for a great added touch. Items such as pomegranates, oranges and apples make a great mix.
* Finish off your rooms with nativity scenes, angel figurines, decorative ornaments or any of your other favorite Christmas decorations.
I hope these Christmas decorating ideas are helpful in getting your home in the holiday spirit.