Get ready for a crazy Spring!
The Pipeline is full of clients ready to sell, buy or both once the Holidays are over. I meet with 4 other Agents in my office on a weekly basis to brainstorm and they all said the same thing. It looks like we are going to have an early "Spring Market". Getting a head start on things could prove to be beneficial to you.
Here are a few tips that may help put you a step ahead of the competition.
- Get the Handyman in now!-- getting all of those little projects done so your home stands out once the inventory starts rising will help attract offers.
- Take Exterior Pictures Now! -- We've been lucky but the snow will fly. Having snow free pictures will not only stand out but it is psychologically appealing to buyers.
- Get a tune up on the Heating System -- Without fail the minute you show a buyer the heating system the reach for the tags to see when it was last cleaned.
- Start Saving Your Utility Bills-- You can always give estimates but having the actual bills to show buyers gives them peace of mind. If you have oil heat you will want to have your last oil bill to in order to get reimbursed for the remaining oil.
- Start looking for your Realtor now.-- Being on the same page from day one will help and this will give your Realtor time to take care of all the "due diligence" details.
- Find a Mortgage Professional-- Find out where you stand and how much you will need to accomplish your goal.
- Don't run up the credit cards-- You will lower your credit score by increasing your credit card debt.
- Get a Buyer's Agent-- Sit down with a Realtor to go over the entire process and costs involved with buying a home. It is not as simple as looking,finding and buying.
- Get on an MLS e-mail alert listing service. Be as specific as possible when setting your property profile(number of Bedrooms, garage spaces,square footage etc...) Most agents have access to these systems. Feel free to use mine
- Don't go to open houses without having a Buyer's Agent, but if you need to, be very careful of what information you are sharing with the hosting agent.
Remember that in order to take advantage of the extended and expanded tax credit you need to be under agreement (signed purchase and sales agreement) by April 30th and close before June 30th. Agents,Banks and Lawyers are going to be swamped and having all of your ducks in a row will increase your chances of a quick closing!