Charlotte NC Christmas Tree Decorating Tips
You only do it once a year; here are tips for decorating a safe and perfect Christmas tree.
1. Choose energy-efficient LED lights to curb energy use and costs an average home uses 27 per cent more lighting in December.
2. When choosing, cutting and setting up tree, ensure 2 feet (61 cm) of space all around side that faces room, and between tree topper and ceiling.
3. Secure tree firmly in stand, then place lightweight tree topper on tip.
4. Have strand of 100 lights for each vertical foot (30.5 cm) of tree or up it to 200 for extra wow. Plug in and ensure they’re all working.
5. Visually divide tree into pie slices, with the tip of slices meeting at top of tree. Starting at tree top and wearing safety glasses, gloves and long sleeves, if desired, zig zag lights down each slice midway out from trunk to leave branch tips free for ornaments.
6. If desired, and working with 4' to 5' (1.2 to 1.5 m) lengths of 3" to 4" (7.5 to 10 cm) wide, wire-edged ribbon, weave ribbon in and out around tree. For added sparkle, repeat with beaded garlands.
7. Have 20 to 30 ornaments in various shapes and sizes for each vertical foot (30.5 cm) of tree, choosing ornaments that coordinate with colors in room.
8. Place largest ornaments first, tucking some midway along branches to light up dark spots in the tree.
9. For impact, add remaining ornaments in clusters of odd-numbered ornaments, distribute sentimental and homemade decorations throughout.