Does your mortgage lender attend your closing?
As I walk into the title company and ask for directions to the room the closing is happening in, I am usually asked if I am the agent or the attorney. No, I am from the mortgage company.
As everyone arrives, I introduce myself, Kim Murphy, 1st Advantage Mortgage ~ nice to meet you!
The response from the sellers attorney and the sellers agent is almost always, from the mortgage company?
"We don't see that very often"
I greet my buyers with a big smile and get a bigger smile in return! They know they are going to be ok!
No one sitting at the closing table should ever be surprised when a mortgage lender arrives! I am there 95% of the time, the other 5% I cant make it, I can be reached by phone!
I am there to support my buyers, to handle last minute questions for either side, to show that I am true to my word. I will not hide my face in shame, I will hold my head high, because I know what I told my buyers the day I met them, is what they will get the day they sign the papers to the new home!
Expect your mortgage lender to be available the day you make the biggest investment of your life!