Park South Station Information
Take Park Road south of the city and take a right onto Archdale just south of SouthPark. Park South Station will be 0.7 miles on your left and you will enter the community at the bottom of this neighborhood map.
The units that are marked with red marker are sold but as you can see the community has a long ways to go. This is a Ryan Homes community and because of their business plan, the builders will not build the units until they are under contract.
This property is the old location of Celenese and because of this the community is located on a Brownsfield. A Brownsfield area is where a commercial business used to be and has contaminated the soil and now the area has been cleaned up and is being used as residential space. Ryan Homes has done a great job of cleaning and contaminated soil and they continue to test the ground after every hard rain.
What does this mean for a buyer?
- Since this is a Brownsfield area you will only have to pay a portion of your property taxes for the first several years
- You will not be using city water and will have a higher water bill than normal
I sent a mass email to the 100+ agents in my office last week about the stigma that comes with a Brownsfield...they agreed that it is definitely something that needs to be disclosed and explained to the buyer but it doesn't seem to have a strong negative impact on buyers decision.
Ryan Homes is offering competitive prices for new townhomes and they are also able to throw in several upgrades to make your new place just the way you want it.
All of their units come with:
- 10-Year Warranty
- Energy efficient gas heat and central air conditioning
- 50 gallon quick recovery water heater
- 9 foot ceilings on the main floor
- Oak railings with primed spindles
- GE appliances
- Luxury owner's bath with soaking tub....some floor plans have a separate shower
- Cultured marble vanity tops
- 42 inch Maple Recessed cabinets with crown molding
These items come standard but Ryan Homes can take you to their design center and you can customize your house with the colors and upgrades that you like. Make sure your agent asks for these upgrades under the price that has already been quoted to you. New construction subdivisions are more likely to throw in upgrades than to lower the list price because they want to keep the home values at a certain level.
Park South Station amenities:
- Gated Community
- Very large pool
- Club house
- Fitness center
Park South Station Home Owners Assocation fees = $195/month