The time to get started is now!
Do you have any idea how many homes are going to be going on the market in January and February? Seeing what is going on and speaking to other agents on a regular basis, I can tell you that it will be more than you think. Most agents that have clients waiting to go on after the Holidays already have a plan in motion. My clients that are looking to buy right now are getting bored with the lack of new inventory and are chomping at the bit to have new homes to look at. Here are a couple of things to think about that may help you plan your market strategy.
- With the newly expanded Tax Credit it will be in the first time home buyer's best interest as well as some qualifying Sellers to get under contract by April 30th and close before June 30th.
- Pricing your property correctly and marketing it to the highest number of Qualified Buyers is going to be more important than ever to have a successful transaction.
- The FHA rules and guidelines are changing daily. Having a Mortgage Professional that is willing to answer quick questions will help you determine if an offer has the chance of getting through underwriting
- Offering out a fair percentage of sale to a Buyer's Agent will keep you competitive with Sellers that are using a listing agent.
- If you plan on posting to Craigslist, be prepared for a large number of spam/scams.
- Do some research now and get an idea of what legal forms you will need in order to get your transaction completed
- Contact your Local Fire Prevention Department to assure that you have the proper equipment in the proper locations in order to pass a Smoke Certificate Inspection. These rules are changing as of January 2010.
Getting organized and being able to provide the right information in a quick response time will keep from scaring away a buyer that wants to close sooner rather than later.