I've VERY recently been bombarded by offerings of Social Media Marketing Seminars, Webinars and Courses.
Normally I take a bit more time this part of the year to 'play' on the computer and try to get current on trends in technology.
Yesterday I signed up for Ross Hair's Social Media Marketing Webinar and spent 3 hours listening to how awesome life would be if I was one of his students.
After listening to this webinar I considered paying the $500 fee to join the 6 training sessions.
However ... after a nights sleep ... I think I'll just continue prodding along ... updating my "STATUSES" whenever I think of it ... or have time ... or think that someone might care that:
-I'm hanging the Christmas lights;
-Have interest in local MLS data.
-At my childrens music recital.
-I have a great new listing
-Just swam, ran, skiied, or biked. (Below picture is gaughter and I on Tandem on our 3rd annual May Golden Triangle Tour ... 330 km in 3 days in the Rocky Mountains. We LOVE it.)
My Social Marketing Media Strategy:
1. Add friends when I have time ... or feel like it.
2. Don't try to sell or build REAL relationships on Social networks.
3. Build my close relationships outside of the social networks.
In the year or so that I've been experimenting with Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and Active Rain I've enjoyed:
- connecting with old friends and long lost relatives;
- staying better connected to new friends;
- getting my news from Twitter. (I actually get only 2 updates on my cell phone from two people. I realized recently that this is where I get MOST of my news! ... this is embarrassing ... but true.)
- getting two deals that I can contribute to my 'status updates' as I was 'top of mind' when my 'friends' needed to make a real estate decision.
What's your Social Media Marketing Strategy?